Over the years, dental lasers have positively impacted the field of dentistry. They allow dentists to perform common dental procedures with more accuracy and finesse than ever before. Patients choose laser dentistry because it offers a more comfortable treatment, quicker healing, and reduced bleeding. It also eliminates the need for stitches and sutures after surgery, enabling a patient to return their normal activities in a shorter amount of time. Your dentist in Herndon VA provides pain-free dentistry using modern dental lasers.
If you would like to learn more about laser dentistry and its benefits, contact our Herndon, VA dentist office.
Types of Dental Lasers
- Hard Tissue Dental Lasers: The main use of hard tissue lasers is to cut through bone and teeth. It is commonly used to aid in the preparing and reshaping of teeth or to repair worn fillings.
- Soft Tissue Dental Lasers: Soft tissue lasers are often used in periodontal therapy treatment. This type of laser can penetrate soft tissue and sealing blood vessels and nerve endings, which enables faster healing. Many practices are incorporating soft tissue dental lasers for cosmetic procedures, such as gum contouring.
Common Uses For Dental Laser
Many dentists use dental lasers in restorative, cosmetic, and general dentistry treatments. In various ways, dental lasers have made performing common procedures more efficient for both dentist and patient. Not only are dental lasers less invasive than traditional methods of treatment, but they offer patients a more comfortable dental experience.
The dental laser eliminates the need for dental drills, which can allow patients with dental fear to receive treatments like dental fillings and periodontal therapy with ease. Dental lasers use concentrated energy to cut through soft and hard tissue. Some dentists incorporate both soft tissue and hard tissue dental lasers into their practice.
Dental Lasers Can Address These Key Dental Concerns:
- Dental filling preparation
- Eliminate infected and diseased gum tissue
- Assist in the teeth whitening procedure
- Oral biopsies
- Gum therapy for periodontal disease
- Dental implant preparation
- Gum contouring
- Crown lengthening procedures
What Are The Benefits of Laser Dentistry?
Laser dentistry can be a more effective and precise way to perform many dental procedures. More and more dentists are incorporating dental lasers into their practices to enhance productivity and improve the patient experience. Laser Dentistry offers many key advantages over other traditional treatment methods:
- Faster recovery time
- Eliminate the need for incisions, sutures, or stitches
- Minimal bleeding
- Reduces the risk of infection
- Promotes the body’s natural healing response
- Requires little to no anesthesia
- A precise and effective solution for gum therapy and other procedures
Many dentists incorporate laser dentist in their practice because it reduces the risk of infection, promotes faster healing, and improves the patient experience.
Is Laser Dentistry Painful?
Patients often choose laser dentistry because it provides a more comfortable treatment. In some cases, laser therapy can even eliminate the need for anesthesia. Dental lasers allow for patients to healer faster and with fewer side effects than ever before. A dental laser can be used to treat gum disease, tooth decay, cosmetic gum contouring, tongue ties, and a range of dental concerns affecting your dental health. Visit our pain-free dentistry in Herndon VA today.