Porcelain Veneers An Overview
Achieve the smile of your dreams with porcelain veneers in Herndon, VA.
Porcelain veneers are a versatile cosmetic treatment that can improve the shape, color, and overall appearance of your teeth. Veneers are also known as instant orthodontics because they can help the teeth appear straighter than they are. Their strength and durability are comparable to the natural tooth enamel, which makes them the ideal choice for patients who want to enhance their smile. Dental veneers are used to address many common cosmetic concerns.
Veneers can address:
- Gaps between teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Discolored or stained teeth
- Chipped, fractured, and broken teeth
- Uneven teeth
- Misaligned or crooked teeth
At Herndon Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, Dr. Mark Jefferies offers a complete range of cosmetic solutions, including porcelain veneers. Beautifully crafted veneers can restore beauty and function to your natural smile. Visit our Herndon, VA dentist office for your personalized smile makeover today.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are ultra-thin shells that are adhered to the front and sides of the teeth to create a more aesthetically pleasing smile. Veneers are generally made out of one of two materials: composite resin and dental porcelain. Each material can be manipulated to match the desired shade, shape, and overall appearance. In many cases, custom made veneers are fabricated by a dental technician to ensure a high quality, natural looking result. We work closely with the technician to ensure it aligns with your smile makeover plan.
Dr. Jefferies will work with you to design custom dental veneers that meet your cosmetic goals. The goal is to create veneers that blend naturally with your existing teeth. Porcelain veneers are considered a permanent restoration due to the amount of tooth surface that will need to be compromised for stable placement. If your veneers become damaged, we can work with you to repair or replace the veneer to maintain the long term integrity of your smile makeover.
What Are The Benefits Of Porcelain Veneers?
Dental veneers offer many benefits to patients who want to improve the appearance of their smile.
- They offer natural-looking results. Dr. Jefferies can designs and color match your veneers so that they blend seamlessly with your natural smile.
- Veneers are a durable solution to many cosmetic concerns. Dental porcelain is an extremely durable material that can last many years with proper care. Part of this is also due to the bonding process. During the bonding process, Dr. Jefferies carefully etches the surface of the tooth and carefully places your new veneers
- Porcelain veneers are stain and decay resistant. However, it is still important to care for them as you would your natural teeth.
- Veneers are easy to maintain. To ensure your veneers last, you should maintain a proper oral hygiene routine, avoid bad dental habits, and schedule routine visits to our office.