Cosmetic dental treatments appear more natural and better made and more durable than ever before, and with all of the new advancements in dental technology, cosmetic procedures are on the rise. Dentists like Dr. Mark S. Jefferies in Herndon, VA can now preserve more of the natural tooth structure when providing cosmetic treatment to patients.
Popular Cosmetic Treatment Options
The most popular cosmetic trends are:
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is the most popular and most commonly recommended cosmetic treatments. Discoloration or stains due to normal eating and drinking habits can ruin the enamel on your teeth and leave you with a less than appealing smile.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants replace missing teeth; this is a surgical procedure that replaces tooth roots with a metal screw-like post.
- Dental Crowns: Prosthetic caps to cover broken or damaged teeth, restoring their functionality and appearance.
- Dental Bridges: Crowns joined together to support to cover a missing tooth or teeth, restoring your smile.
- Dentures and Partials: Full or partial removable arches of prosthetic teeth that restore the appearance and functionality of a complete smile.
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers are made of composite or porcelain laminates that are placed over damaged, chipped or crooked teeth using a bonded adhesive. If you have been unsuccessful with teeth whitening, porcelain veneers are another alternative.
- Composite Bonding: Composite bonding is used to restore chipped, broken, decayed or discolored teeth. A composite material that looks like enamel is applied to the surface of a tooth or cavity and then shaped.
- Invisible Braces: Plastic aligners that gently reposition teeth over a course of weeks or months.
- Smile Makeover: Smile Makeovers are a term meaning use of more than one cosmetic procedure to restore your smile. The dentist may have to use a combination of cosmetic procedures such as veneers, implants, sculpting or whitening depending on the condition of your teeth and mouth.
- Full Mouth Reconstruction: Full Mouth Reconstruction is used to correct functional problems with your teeth, muscles, bone structure and bite.
Dr. Jefferies’ Cosmetic Services
Dr. Jefferies offers a full range of cosmetic treatment options to improve your smile and your overall health and appearance. Our services include:
- Teeth Whitening
- Tooth Bonding
- Porcelain Veneers
- Invisalign Invisible Braces
- Dental Bridges
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Implants
- Dentures and partials
Schedule a Consultation
Whether you need to have a tooth replaced or fixed, or just want to improve your smile, Dr. Jefferies is here to help you. Schedule an appointment online or call us at (703) 570-1152 to explore your options with our team. We are here to help you with all of your dental needs and concerns.